2018 Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody Brings the Heat
ROUNDING OUT THE MOST POWERFUL MUSCLE CAR LINEUP IN AMERICA
In addition to its wider, more menacing stance, this new Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody delivers improved lap times, lateral grip, acceleration and braking, compared with the already ferocious performance numbers of the Hellcat.
- Road course lap time on a 1.7-mile track lowered by approximately 2 seconds per lap, or about 13 car lengths after one lap
- ¼ mile elapsed time (ET) improved by approximately .3 sec (10.9 ET in Widebody vs. 11.2 ET in standard Hellcat)
- Lateral skid pad grip increased by .04 g (.97 g in Widebody vs. .93 g in standard Hellcat)
- 0-60 mph acceleration improved by .1 second (3.4 in Widebody vs. 3.5 in standard Hellcat)
- Top speed of 195 mph
- Power-bulge aluminum hood with center intake and dual heat extractors
- Exclusive illuminated Air-Catcher headlamps that feed air directly into the air box and engine bay through the center of the parking lamps
- Quad projector headlamps give a unique detailed appearance, while the aggressive brow “chops” the upper portion of the lamp design exudes a sinister look
- Front splitter (shared with Demon) and rear spoiler (from Hellcat) deliver responsive and balanced handling at high speed
- Hellcat-exclusive new grille and fender badges, along with raised SRT Hellcat badge on the rear spoiler
- Standard Brembo brake system includes two-piece 15.4-inch rotors and six-piston front calipers provide outstanding heat management/thermal capacity and longevity
Proven Supercharged Hellcat Performance
The proven Hellcat HEMI engine features additional cooling measures including a low-temperature circuit with two air/coolant heat exchangers integrated into the supercharger housing. This setup is designed to keep air temperatures below 140 degrees Fahrenheit, under extreme ambient conditions, while enabling air flow of up to 30,000 liters per minute.
So effective is this feature that engine power will not be de-rated due to cooling demands after 20 minutes of hard driving on a road course at an ambient temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
Before the new SRT Demon V-8 engine was introduced, the supercharged Hellcat HEMI V-8 was the most powerful passenger-car engine ever produced by FCA US, which made the Challenger SRT Hellcat and Charger SRT Hellcat models the most powerful and fastest coupe and sedan ever. The new engine was also named to Ward’s 10 Best Engines list for 2015.
New EPS – a First for Hellcat
The 2018 Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody features a new standard electric power steering (EPS) system – a first for Hellcat. The system uses SRT Drive Modes with selectable settings for Street (Auto), Sport and Track.
Not only does the EPS system improve handling performance, owners will also notice better steering feel and ease of turning efforts at parking lot speeds.
With EPS and SRT Drive Modes, drivers can tailor their experience by controlling horsepower, transmission shift speeds, steering, paddle shifters (automatic transmission only), traction and suspension. There is also a Custom setting lets the driver use individual preferences.
Race-inspired, High-performance Interior
The cockpit of the Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody remains true to its performance-oriented design and execution with world-class materials; high-sill center console and driver-focused instrument panel with 200-mph speedometer; SRT performance leather-wrapped flat-bottom, heated steering wheel; standard SRT Laguna leather performance seats with SRT Hellcat logo, and new red Hellcat instrument panel badge.
SRT Performance Pages are accessible through the latest 8.4-inch touchscreen display media center with standard Uconnect 4C NAV system featuring performance improvements with faster startup time and enhanced processing power offering multi-touch gestures, vivid imagery, sharper graphics and the ability to support smartphone integrations.
The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody will be available 15 exterior colors: B5 Blue (late availability), Billet Silver, Destroyer Grey, F8 Green (late availability), Go Mango, Granite Crystal, IndiGo Blue (late availability), Maximum Steel, Octane Red, Pitch Black, Plum Crazy (late availability), Redline Tri-Coat, TorRed, White Knuckle and Yellow Jacket.
Production of the 2018 Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody begins later this summer with deliveries to Dodge//SRT dealers in the third quarter.
Official Driving School of Dodge//SRT
All customers who buy the new 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody receive one full-day session at Bob Bondurant School of High-performance Driving. The Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving in Chandler, Arizona, is the Official High Performance Driving School of Dodge//SRT. All customers who buy a new model SRT will receive one full-day session of high-performance driving with professional instruction and time on the track as part of the Dodge SRT Package. For more information, visit www.driveSRT.com.